About our Back to Work Program
ECHO’s job readiness program covers:
- Skills assessment – together we will explore your talents & skills- learn how to make your resume and cover letter stand out from the rest
- Resume creation or updates
- Job search – allow a job coach to help you explore open opportunities and connect you to local hiring businesses
- Interview skills – review interview preparation techniques and practice interview skills
- Fill out the form below to schedule a meeting with a job coach – all services offered absolutely FREE!
Back to Work Job Readiness Program is sponsored by
ECHO job coaches are here to help!!
We are most successful when we can meet with you in person, review your work history, and goals. We work with you to create or review your resume. Can’t make it to either our Brandon or Riverview locations?
We also host mobile outreaches once a month at these locations:
- 2nd Wednesday of the Month – Riverview Elementary School
- 3rd Wednesday of the Month – McDonald Elementary
- 4th Wednesday of the Month – Gibsonton Elementary
At ECHO, our focus is to build relationships with the employers in our area so that we might personally refer you for their current openings.
Schedule an appointment with a job coach
Job Search Tips:
- Discover jobs on online job board but apply for them through the company’s website whenever possible.
- A Google search will pull-in jobs from multiple job boards.
- Always save the job searches that bring back the results you desire – You will then receive email alerts when new jobs are posted.
- Online job boards prescreen resumes to determine if candidate is qualified for the position. A Word document is better than a PDF document in this prescreening.
- Prescreening is looking for words on your resume that are also included in the job description. Work to align your resume to the job description whenever possible.
- Once you have applied for a job, save a copy of the job description in your files. If you are called for an interview, it is very helpful to have the original job description when preparing.
- “Easy Apply” is easy, but not always the fastest way to the hiring manager.
Our job coaches can help with any one of these tips.
If you choose to go it alone, here’s some TIPS:
Below you will find links to resources that will enchance your job search experience.
- Keywords for Resume
- Tips for a Great Resume
- Resumes are like Opinions
- Effective Job Search Strategies
- Skill Assessment Online Questionaire – It’s 30 quick questions that takes about 5 minutes to learn about careers that might be best for you.
Download our FREE job search and resume tips!